Friday, October 16, 2015

The Golden Rule of Daring Greatly

Livin' by the Golden Rule

I'd like to give thanks to Mr. Cross for letting me be a part of his biog. I am honored and will always do anything to help him out. I want you to know that this is out of my comfort zone because I can speak it and most of all I can live it, but to put words on paper is a challenge to me.

I came to Cinco Ranch in the 2003 -2004 school year. I had been working four jobs to provide for my family. I was tired and burned out. I prayed to be able to work only one job and to be able to make a difference. I had no idea that I was being given a job where I could touch the lives of thousands of kids and help to change the lives of some who needed it the most.

You might be thinking, what lesson can the janitor teach? My class is called Livin' by the Golden Rule. Treat others the way you want to be treated.

We've all heard it, but are you living it?

Mr. Cross is asking us all to challenge ourselves and to put ourselves in situations where we are out of our comfort zones so we can grow and be our best.

My challenge to us all is to live by the Golden Rule every day.

ASSIGNMENT:
1. Smile.
2. Greet everyone in your path.
3. Give respect, to earn respect.
4. Show love to all.
5. Help one another.
6. Speak with kindness.
7. Look out for one another.
8. Reach out to those in need.
9. Be a friend.
10. Live and let live.

You can have all the success in the world, but if you don't live by the Golden Rule you haven't succeeded in life.

Class dismissed :-)
Mr. T

6 comments: