Sunday, August 21, 2016

Routine too perfect to mention

A warm hello Cougar families,

The start of a school year is such an exciting time for so many of us.  Beginnings tend to bring smiles, lots of energy, and sometimes a little anxiety.  If you are returning for another year at Cinco, welcome back!  If you are new to us this year, welcome to your new school.  It is a place I am so proud of...a place where we work alongside our parents daily to help young people to be the best versions of themselves while we work to do the same.

I was recently listening to a Lady Antebellum song called Heart of the World.  In it they sing of "routine too perfect too mention." I love that line.  It reminds me that this time of year is when we find ourselves talking about getting back into a routine after the summer break.  Often routine can seem like such a mundane word, but as I listened to the song, I felt such joy in that simple phrase   I think it's because the routine of coming to a place everyday where I get to work with young people and teachers/staff who care so deeply for those young people is a routine too perfect to mention.  A routine that touches my life deeply.

Each family's daily routine throughout the school year may look somewhat similar yet possesses significant differences I would guess.  Even routines can make us unique.  I hope whatever your routine is for the start of another school year, you are able to take time to appreciate and enjoy the moments that make up those routines.  Those moments make up a lifetime, and parents, we know how quickly those moments can pass.

Our routine at Cinco will continue to be to teach, challenge, nurture, and care for our students.  It's a routine that has made this school, while not perfect, such a special place. I hope your routine this year finds your child sharing stories of learning new things, making new friends, strengthening current friendships, competing, performing, growing, serving, caring, and loving.  Those are routines that makes life worth living.

Speaking of routines, our Celebrating Cinco blog is back for its second year.  Be on the lookout for weekly posts from students, staff, and parents. Occasionally the principal might even share a thought or two.  I wish your family a joyful start for this school year.  Go Cougs!

James Cross, Principal #CPOE

Purpose...It drives us.
Passion...It fuels us.
Pride...It defines us.




1 comment: