Tuesday, September 6, 2016

…And it feels like Coming Home!!!


Home.  A word we use to refer to the place where we feel safe, respected, appreciated, and loved.  A place we miss when we are gone and feel so happy when we return! I can’t tell you how elated I am to be “Coming Home”!  There are no words that can truly express the happiness I have.  I still wake up in the middle of the night wondering if it has all been a dream.  Relief rushes over me when I realize I’m not dreaming.  I AM HOME!

I have been a part of Cinco Ranch High School since it first opened its doors 18 years ago.  I was the head coach of our volleyball team, and that maroon and white Cinco pride runs deep in my veins. Everything I owned had maroon somewhere on it.  A Cinco Ranch Cougar adorned almost every shirt I wore, and I had maroon high heeled shoes to complete the outfit.  My world revolved around Cinco and the people that are a part of it.

The people… You can look far and wide, but you won’t find a greater group of people.  They are a “Once in a lifetime” kind of people.  They are the kind of people that come into your life and help you to see the sun where you once saw only gray clouds.  They are the people that believe in you so much that you start to believe in you too.  They are the people that love you for simply being you.  It is these “Once in a lifetime” kind of people that have welcomed me back with open arms. What a family!

I appreciated and enjoyed the opportunities I have had the last three years away from Cinco Ranch.  I learned a lot about myself and met and made lasting friendships.  Friendships that I will forever cherish for as long as I live.

However, I am so grateful for this new opportunity… this new part of my life to come back to the place where it all began for me when I first moved to Katy, Texas. Thank you to everyone at Cinco Ranch High School for giving me the pleasure of being your 12th grade principal.  I look forward to working with you, the students, and the parents.  I won’t let you down!  I’m ready to get this show started!!

Like Nina Simone once said, “Yeah, it’s a new dawn! It’s a new day! It’s a new life for me!  Oooooooooooh, and I’m feeling good!” 

There’s no place like home!  I love you, Cinco Ranch!!


Tammy Laurence        

No comments:

Post a Comment