Monday, September 19, 2016

Getting the word out: Cinco Style

I worked on the set of Global Vine its premiere season when the "teleprompter" had to be held up by an assistant, when we didn't have professional looking microphones to use, and when we didn't have a studio to shoot interviews much less shows in. As a freshman volunteer with absolutely no knowledge in video production, I was usually one of the ignorant assistants that helped test lighting or audio. I spent the 2.5s of my junior year in Room 2506 writing scripts for the daily shows, and finally, as a senior, I help out with photography, script writing, and video editing. 

While things look much more professional now than they did back in my freshman year, the message Mr. Marrie always tries to hammer remains the same. Our goal was to inform the school about anything and everything we could in a professional manner. Yes, we could make blooper reels once or twice a semester, but we wanted to cover everything from the variety of clubs in our school, the sports teams, and the wonderful staff at Cinco Ranch that make our school amazing. I take more interest in what is happening around the school not only because I am forced to know what the schedule is for the school, but editing the videos for certain groups and researching teams and past sports stats for scripts, my passion and interest for my school has definitely grown. I definitely take pride in everything any part of the school accomplishes. 

I witnessed the shift in Global Vine, the after school shoots transitioning to things we could get down in about 20 minutes during 2.5. We went from a daily show to a weekly show in three short years, with some hype videos thrown in sporadically. We do function a little bit more like a news media room than in the beginning, but we're still a high school classroom. 

Global Vine exemplifies what it means to Celebrate Cinco. All of Cinco. We acknowledge our achievements, and we try to instill the student body with purpose, passion, and pride every year. 


Joanne Chavali


No comments:

Post a Comment